Thursday, June 25, 2009

My first wedding












So last Saturday I did my first wedding. My friend got married and she insisted that I do her wedding. It was a small, outdoor wedding. She knew that I didnt do weddings and I told her, I wouldnt mind taking them, as long as she had another photographer.
I will name numerous reasons why I dont do weddings.

1. I dont have enough expereince in photography just yet, especially weddings

2. I dont have the equipment for it

3. I dont have a back up person for me

4. Honestly...Im not confident in your big day. Its a day that you cant take back or redo. If I was to mess up, I would feel horrible

Those are some of my main reasons why I dont do weddings. I need to build up my portfolio and learn more about photography and build up my equipment. I have had 3 offers for weddings, and though its hard to turn it down. I do have to turn it down. Who knows....maybe one day, I can say yes!!!!

But I did have fun at this wedding. The lighting was kinda hard, cause it was getting so dark. (some other things I need to learn about). But here is some pictures of the wedding. I will be posting more later. I have been so busy, that I only have loaded up one memory card so far and have edited some. Im also in the process of switching over onto a external drive and getting pics off of my computer.
I know this last one is a bit dark...but I love it like this!!

1 comment: